We recommend using the PuTTY client on Windows to setup your SSH tunnel. You can download the software from here: https://www.putty.org/
Follow these steps to configure the PuTTY client:
- Under the Session category, enter the value of the JumpHostHostname field from the Outputs tab of the CloudFormation Stack.
- Leave the port as 22
- Enter bfe-web as the name for the session in the Saved Sessions field on the same page, and click Save.
- Navigate to the Connection->Data category and enter ec2-user in the Auto-login username field.
- Navigate to the Connection->Data->SSH->Auth category. Click the Browse button and select the ppk file containing your private key.
- Navigate to the Connection->SSH->Tunnels category. You will need to add one tunnel. After entering the Source port and Destination for a tunnel entry, click the Add button. You should use the following values for these fields.
Source Port: 9443 Destination: localhost:443
- Return to the Session category and click Save again.
- Click Open to connect and establish the tunnels.
Remember to keep this session open while you are accessing the Batfish Enterprise dashboard.
For future sessions, open PuTTY:
- Select bfe-web from the Saved Sessions box
- Click Load
- Click Open to connect.